The Education and Health Law Clinic at Rutgers Law School Presents:
DISCIPLINE in PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS
- Has your child been frequently suspended?
- Is your child always in detention or excluded from sports or school trips?
- Have visits to the office become common place?
Learn what the law says about school discipline and your rights!
The panelists will discuss school discipline for children in the general education setting and for children with disabilities; explore disciplinary practices and policies in some charter schools; and encourage parents to advocate for alternative approaches that help build community and keep children in school.
- Elizabeth Athos, Esq., Senior Attorney, Education Law Center
- Tyler Brewster, Co-Founder of Peer Connect
- Deanna Christian, Esq., Staff Attorney & Clinical Law Fellow,H.E.A.L. Collaborative, Education & Health Law Clinic, Rutgers Law School
- Nina Peckman, Esq., Staff Attorney, Advocates of Children of New Jersey
Moderated by: Esther Canty-Barnes, Esq., Clinical Professor of Law & Director of the Education & Health Law Clinic, Rutgers Law School
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Rutgers Law School
123 Washington Street Newark
Baker Trial Courtroom
Please RSVP below or contact email@example.com or call 973- 353-1167