Faculty members are assigned a Librarian Liaison for research assistance. Student Research Assistants should contact the appopriate librarian liaison for help. Faculty and students are welcome to visit or email the reference desk in either library location.

Please visit our Library Policies page for more information on library access, borrowing, patron, and other policies.

Interlibrary Loan: Interlibrary loan services are available for all Rutgers Students, Faculty, and Staff. If you can't find what you are looking for in the Law Library or through RUL, consider making an Interlibrary Loan request. You can place an ILL request directly by activating and using your own ILL account. Please ask at the reference desk for details and assistance. Contact your liaison for help or call the Camden Branch or Newark Branch Reference Desks.

Materials borrowed via ILL may be returned at any Rutgers library.

Faculty Services

Information for Faculty Research Assistants.

Research and Reference: Faculty should contact their Librarian Liaison for general or in-depth reference and research questions and projects.

Retrieval of Library Materials: With adequate notice, Access Services can retrieve library materials for you and have them delivered to your office, to your faculty support person, or placed on the hold shelf for pickup by you or your Research Assistant.

New Books: Follow this link to find this month's new book list.

RUL Book Retrieval: When you are searching the Rutgers University Libraries catalog use the "Request Item" feature to have books delivered to the Law Library. You will be notified when we the books and are available for pickup. If you would like the items delivered to your office or placed in your mailbox, please contact the Circulation Desk.

Book Purchase: If you think we should add a particular item to our collection for general use or for your specific use please contact your liaison, Nancy Talley, or Jootaek Lee.

Course Reserves: Course reserves will be accessible directly in your online course space (e.g. Canvas) via the Reading List tool. Learn how to set up an online reading list for materials available in Quicksearch or that you already have in digital format. Faculty who want to put physical items on reserve should contact their local Circulation Desk.

Library Research Assistant Pool: If you have a short term research project contact your liaison to see if using a Library RA is possible. The Library RA Pool is designed to provide limited research assistance to help faculty who do not have an RA. Our RAs work under our supervision and can even perform limited cite-checking services.

Classroom Assistance: With adequate notice, Library Faculty will appear as guest lecturers in your classroom to provide instruction on research resources relevant to your course.

Publication:Faculty who wish to publish their scholarship via Scholastica or eXpresso should contact David Noll, Associate Dean Faculty Research and Development. Faculty who wish to place their scholarship in the Rutgers Institutional Repository should contact their librarian liaison.